Working At Home Mom
WORKING AT HOME MOM
Congratulations on being a WonderWoman! You have decided to work from home and take care of your loved ones. You have decided or need to earn an extra income with digital marketing.
The internet has opened numerous possibilities for the work-at-home mothers around the world.
Every mother wishing to start an internet business should be very cautious and selective on what type of business she goes into. There are numerous scams on the internet and people starting in online marketing can be pray to tons of promises of easy fortune and fame.
The truth of the matter is that successful online entrepreneurs work a lot. Forget the “get rich at the push of a button. Make millions buying this software, etc.” fake promises. The only ones getting rich are the people selling these scams.
Furthermore, beware of any program that asks you to put money upfront. They are probably after your money. The other red signal you should get are programs promising you to get rich quickly, without effort. Your “too good to be true” alarm should always be on.
Once you are ready to put in the effort, you can either choose to work for yourself or do some work for a person who hires you. Both of the two ways have pros and cons and only you can decide what is best for you and your family.
Here is a small summary of either choice
PROS AND CONS OF STARTING YOUR OWN ONLINE BUSINESS FOR WORK AT HOME MOM
- You are your own boss
- You can release your creativity
- You can work in something you are passionate about
- When successful, the income can be substantial
- your pro?
- uncertain or very low revenue (especially in the beginning)
- long hours
- stress if not successful
- requires a learning curve (The Big Internet Marketing has got your back on that one)
- requires some initial investment
- requires a lot of discipline and entrepreneurship
- your con?
PROS AND CONS OF OFFERING YOUR SERVICES FOR HIRE FOR WORK AT HOME MOM
- less stress
- less investment
- less responsibility
- steadier schedule
- steadier income
- your pro?
- can be boring
- can be unchallenging
- income can plateau and be limited
- having a boss, taking orders
- your con?
Upon deciding to become a work-at-home-mom, you should sit down and consider many important elements.
The 7 elements to consider before becoming a work at home mom
- Do you have free time during the day to devote to your business? Many women will end-up working three jobs in the beginning as a mother, at their regular 9 to 5 job and at their online business. You have to be very careful not to burn yourself out.
- Is your family and/or spouse supportive of your project?
- Do you have a good computer (or phone if you want to do customer support only)?
- Do you have the required skills or do you know where to get the information? The Big Internet marketing Game will provide you with a strong start
- What is your clear goal in starting such a business? (be precise: “making money” is not specific enough).
- Is this for long term of short term? Do you tend to give up easily?
- What other question should you be asking yourself before you start?
All right! You are ready and fired-up to start your internet marketing business.
Where do you start?
Simple: to the first square on the www.ThebigInternetMarketingGame.com board game.
Beware, again, of the temptation of going on the internet and get lost in work-at-home-mom’s forums, chat sites, Facebook groups, etc and not get any work done.
Here are a few tips I would like to share with you (being a mother of four) and working at home after my regular work.
Top 12 tips for work-at-home moms
- Invite your children and family to participate in what you are doing. Hence, the picture on my web site was taken by my daughter when she was 10 years old. We had fun taking it as we were doing like in the Austin Powers movie, clicking and saying “Yeah, baby!” I get many ideas, some great, some ok, some really bad. I often run my ideas by my children because I know they will give me their honest (and sometimes brutal) opinion.
- Have a quiet place where you can work and have an eye on the household. If your children are old enough explain what you are doing and have them commit to give you special quiet working time. You will get so much accomplished.
- Brag about all your realizations and be proud. It is common for work at home moms to display too much humility on their huge accomplishments.
- Allow yourself resting periods between the mother role and the worker role. Again, as women we tend to suffer from the WonderWoman syndrome and feel guilty for sitting down and enjoying some relaxation time.
- If your children are old enough, have them participate more in the daily household tasks. After all, it is their dirty dishes, laundry and garbage too! The same goes for your spouse if you have one.
- Working-at-home mothers sometimes can suffer from the isolation they are put in. Choosing to go to an internet marketing seminar can be a great thing to learn new skills and bond with like-minded people. There is a square on the game board called “Let’s go to a seminar!” which explains what to look for in a live event (world situation permitting- 2020).
- Determine what is the best time to work on your online business. Usually, when the children are in front of the television or sleeping, you can get so much accomplished.
- Give yourself permission to not have a spotless house or fancy meals that take hours to prepare (healthy meals can be prepared fast).
- Do not undervalue your work. Whatever you think your work is worth, double it! By setting your own prices, you might fall into the bigger trap of underestimating the true value of your work. It is a common tread for women to undervalue their work .
- If you get discouraged, look back at all that you have accomplished and pat yourself on the back.
- If you are stuck on a problem, walk away for a couple of minutes. When working hard, sometimes a welcome break is all you need to see the solution that was right in your face.
- Take care of your mind and body. Working at a digital business requires lots of time at the computer. Keep yourself well hydrated, maintain great posture, relax your eyes once in a while and even give yourself time for exercises and a relaxing bath. You deserve it!
- BONUS TIP#13 AND THE MOST IMPORTANT! Do nto try to do everything yourself (look who is talking!). So often you will waste precious time for a job that you could have paid someone a ridiculously small amount of money to do like on Fiverr. Make sure you hire providers who have good reviews and speak good English.
HERE IS YOUR CALL TO ACTION
1) If you have not done so, decide if you want to start a home-based business. Be honest in putting the pros and cons. If you decide that you want to create your own digital marketing business and need an email service, a webinar hosting service, a funnel builder, a membership site, etc consider grabbing the very low lifetime access to GrooveDigital, a platform with everything a digital marketer needs, especially a Super Mom Digital Marketer!
2) Determine what you need to be successful in your business: skills, material, confidence, etc
3) Define what your interest will be: do you want to work for someone? Do you want to be your own boss?
4) If you want to start your own online business, start on the “Go” square on this site and do the step-by-step process and start building your internet marketing business TODAY. Make sure you know what your business will be before you start building it so you do not waste any time.
5) Remember, your business could be selling physical products while leveraging online exposure.
6) If you decide that you want to work from home offering your services decide what you are good at. If you are not certain what kind of services can be offered, go to Fiverr (click on the banner below) and see what services people are selling and at what price.
Example of 15 services you can offer on Fiverr for a work at home mom:
- if you have a lovely voice, do a voice over
- if you are good at writing offer article writing or blog postings
- if you are good at interacting on social media be a social media manager
- if you are good at typing, offer transcription services
- if you are good at drawing, offer your illustration services
- If you are good at singing or playing music, offer your musical talents
- if you speak more than one language fluently, offer your translation services
- if you love to be on camera, offer your video services (you can use your webcam or your phone camera on a tripod, no need for fancy equipment)
- After going around once on The Big Marketing Game, you will be able to offer your services to install blogs or even create websites! (Kaching!)
- If you are very popular on social medias you can make a lot of money advertising other people’s products
- If you are good at writing articles, you can sell your articles with PLR (private label rights)
- if you have an email list, you can offer to email your list about products
- If you love cooking, you can sell recipe e-books that you created.
- if you have a lovely voice and a lot of patience, you can do customer service on the phone
- If you are a fast learner, you can be someone’s virtual assistant
Two small things to finish:
- If you are a man, everything here can apply to you. We just wanted to give work at home moms some recognition.
- Do not fall pray of those scams promising you money to play games or sending emails or anything that seems too good to be true.
See you on the next square!