Let’s Go To A Seminar
2020-2022 COVID 19 situation: Most if not all digital marketing seminars have been postponed or canceled due to the pandemic. Some online marketers are offering virtual seminars but let's be honest, it's not the same! I look forward to removing this warning.
Digital Marketing Seminar
All right, so you now have targeted your market, registered one or more domain names, have a good hosting company and have pages and posts on your website. You might even have sold some affiliate products already!
If you do not have all the above, please click on the HOME button at the bottom of this square and start on the square that is the most appropriate for you.
It’s time to reward yourself. It’s time to go to a digital marketing seminar. You deserve it!
Only you know at what level you are and not all internet marketing seminars are for everyone. At any given point during the year, there are numerous internet seminars offered.
For instance, there is a digital marketing cruise that has been around for over 20 years with Captain Lou. I have been on that cruise a couple of times and enjoyed it very much.
Click here to register for the fun digital marketing cruise NOW!
Attending an internet marketing seminar will benefit you in many ways.
The top 7 ways that attending a digital business seminar will benefit you.
1) You will have the pleasure of meeting like-minded people that have the same interest as you do and speak the same language. Don’t you feel like 99% of your friends and family just think you are a weird dreamer implicated in a fishy organization or just wasting your time on your computer?
2) You will learn new techniques that successful people are using to improve their internet businesses, if you are attending a good seminar that is. After all,the internet is changing at a very rapid pace and you need to keep up to date on the latest trends.
3) You will be able to connect with people and set-up joint ventures and mutual business agreements, where the person can sell your products or your can sell their products or many other kinds of arrangement.
A word of warning now! Some internet marketing seminars are nothing else than a major “sales pitch festival”. Hence, you are just presented with incomplete information and then the rest of the 50 minutes in the hour is a pressure sale to buy their products. You do not need most of these products.
Resist the temptation to buy all those products that you most probably do not need. Some speakers will be good at telling you that you are going to regret it for the rest of your life if you do not buy their product. This is just the scarcity tactic at its best.
If you are considering buying a product, factor in the money it costs but also the time it will take you away from your business. While some marketers are bragging about their product having over 600 hours of video training and calls, just remember that you will either not follow-through or spend over 600 hours away from your digital marketing business.
4) That being said, digital marketing seminars are a great way to improve your skills by learning new digital marketing methods that work.
5) Even though you will learn a lot during those digital marketing seminars, you will also get a tax deductible vacation.
6) Digital Marketing Seminars are great to compare what others are doing and get new ideas.
7) Digital marketing seminars are great to show you the latest trends and what is hot and successful right now online.
In 2005, I decided to “tour” the internet marketing seminar circuit and attended 12 seminars dedicated to online businesses. If you were expecting a good juicy review of the seminars, you will be disappointed as the online marketing family is a rather small one and I don’t want to antagonize anyone in this business.
Anyway, there are numerous factors you should consider when planning to go to a digital marketing seminar.
The top 7 questions to consider when booking a digital marketing seminar
1) What is the price? internet marketing seminars vary from 0$ to over 10 000$. Most free or low cost seminars are relying on the back room sale (products that often you do not need) to make their money. BEWARE of these seminars. I have seen people spending way over 20 000$ in useless products and services at these seminars. The products will not make you any money. You will make your own fortune. Nobody else. You also have to realize that the people on stage are there because they are good at “closing the room” and the atmosphere is all set-up to make you buy.
Beware of unscrupulous speakers showing you how to go increase your credit card limit during the break!
2) Who are the speakers? Are they people you trust and know or pure strangers? Are their markets and marketing techniques similar to yours? Although it might be interesting to hear how Joe Millionaire is making tons of money importing products from China and having 200 employees, this might have nothing to do with what you want to accomplish.
3) Where is it located? You might travel all the way across the globe but then find out that there was a great seminar taking place one hour away from your house the next month.
4) What is the reputation of the people organizing the seminar? If a seminar has been around for years, it stands good chances that it is a well-organized one. Many digital marketing seminars and companies have come and gone. Do your research before signing-up.
5) What is the size of the attendance for the seminar? People who attend smaller workshops usually have more time to ask their questions and really get good information. On the other hand, some people love huge seminars with thousands of attendees where the speakers are treated like rockstars.
6) What is your goal attending the seminar? A wise man once said: “If you don’t know where you are going, you will end-up somewhere else.”
7) What is the program? You might sign-up and pay huge money to hear a self-made billionaire only to realize that he will speak for 5 minutes via teleconference!
Ok! So you are all fired-up to go to your very first internet marketing seminar. You have chosen one and are eager to learn all new stuff and mingle with new friends.
Top 11 tips how to get the most out of a digital marketing seminars
- Come well-rested because some speakers over-deliver and these are intense days that sometimes go well beyond the announced schedule.
- Bring two note pads of different colors. The first notepad will be for your regular note taking. The second one will be your action pad where you will note all the concrete actions you will take for your online business.
- Focus 100% of your attention on the seminar. Put away your phone, laptop, computer etc. and get the most out of your seminar and show some respect for the person on stage.
- Reread your notes in the evening and mark new action calls you want to take in your second notepad. If you get all excited during the seminar and take notes and feel like you will become a millionaire by Monday morning but do not take action right away, nothing will happen.
- Do not buy more than you can afford. If you buy products or courses, more often than not you will just get side-tracked and lose precious time and money. I like very much Howie Schwartz because although he is the creator of many products, he often says in his workshops: ”I don’t want you to buy anything. You don’t need it, even if it’s my own products!” That’s honesty you don’t see often.
- Bring a lot of business cards. A trick that is interesting is to have your picture on your business cards. This way, when you come back from an internet marketing seminar with a stack of people’s business cards only to realize you have no idea which one out of the 7 Johns you had met, John Smith was.
You can be selective in giving away your business card as some people will try to bother you endlessly by trying to sell you stuff you do not want with repeated emails. It is extremely rude to put a person’s email on your list from his business card unless they asked you to.
- Mingle with the attendees. Although most people attending a digital marketing seminar are drooling over the speakers, the real stars are often sitting right next to you in the audience. Often, the seminar’s salesletter promised you get to “hang around” with the rich and famous from the internet marketing. More often than not the speakers take off together and do not give the time of day to the “newbies”.
There are exceptions, but too often digital marketing seminar attendees are disappointed to be “dissed” that way when they were expecting to buddy-up with their favorite marketer. Here is a little well-known secret: many big internet marketers (the so-called “Gurus”) have better writing skills than people skills. This means that you can be disappointed to realize that the person who was “personally” inviting you to the seminar, alongside thousands of other special people, does not care the least bit about you. That should not bother you as the real stars are in the audience.
- Going to a digital marketing seminar can be a very good occasion to form a mastermind group with people who are at the same level you are (or better yet, a little more advanced). By forming such an accountability group, you will be able to share precious information and further your online businesses. You can get more information and value out of your mastermind group than most internet marketing products or seminar you buy that promise you the sun and the moon.
- Make sure you can afford the seminar and travelling fees.
- Attend the pre-seminar. If there is a pre-seminar that interests you, sign-up for it. The costs of travelling is already covered and you will have the chance to meet people before the actual seminar thus getting more out of it.
- If you can stay an extra day after the seminar that could be a great thing. First, it will give you the opportunity to unwind and make the most out of your notes. It may also provide you with the opportunity to hang out with other attendees that stayed for the extra day.
HERE IS YOUR CALL TO ACTION
1) Ask around or browse the internet to find a good internet marketing seminar that will provide you with the new business relations, information and tools you need. You deserve it.
2) Sign-up for the marketer cruise here
3) when you sign-up for GrooveDigital one-time fee for lifetime access to all of their products including an email service, a video hosting service, a webinar service, a funnel builder, a web pages builder,etc, you get free access the GrooveCon a digital marketing seminar.
Click on the image below to get all the services and a free access to the GrooveCon seminar.
See you on the next page or at an internet marketing event.