Social Media Marketing
There are hundreds if not thousands of social media sites on the net and new ones are mushrooming every week. Only a few are worth your energy and interest.
A person cannot humanly post of every social media site that exists. Social media sites are a way to draw attention to your website, your brand and products.
By posting on social media sites, you get valuable traffic and links to your site. Most links though are what is called ‘no follow” links and therefore do not count for SEO value.
What you first need to do before posting on a social media site is to open an account. The steps are usually simple and easy to follow. You can then create pages, lenses, blogs or posts to draw people back to your website. Need I say that the more you post, the more traffic and attention you get.
The problem with social media marketing is to sort out what works and what doesn’t. Some social media sites such as Squidoo and MySpace have come and gone.
In the past, Google has severely penalized many sites because people were stuffing pages at an astounding rate. You also need to feed your postings regularly because they get out of interest more rapidly than your big content-filled web sites.
Do not get discouraged though because there are ways to go faster and get relevant and legitimate attention from the social bookmarking sites. Such ways can be:
1) To hire what is called a traffic assistant, i.e. a person who knows about the newest and most popular social media sites and can create accounts and make posts for you.
Here is a partial list of some social media sites out there (which will be probably outdated in a very short time):
YOUTUBE, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Twitch.tv, flickr.com, ustream.tv, tune.pk
YouTube is by a landslide the most popular and has a huge share of all the video traffic.
There are plenty of other services that can help you tag and ping your sites and notify the appropriate bookmarking sites. You will need to keep up to date on the social bookmarking sites as what was “in” yesterday, is merely “good” today and will be outdated by tomorrow morning!
HERE IS YOUR CALL TO ACTION:
1) Do a search for social bookmarking sites and visit a few of the sites listed above.
2) Open accounts with the most popular bookmarking sites if you have not done so yet.
3) Visit Ping-o-Matic and consider opening a free account.
4) Visit addthis.com and consider opening a free account. You will then need to post their social bookmarking icon on your blogs.
5) Consider using such a service as Friend Blaster Pro to explode your number of friends on MySpace.
6) If you get the FriendBlasterPro, remember to be moderate in the number of new friends you get per day or else your MySpace account might get cancelled. Click here to get Friend Blaster Pro and increase your number of friends.
7) If you are really at the stage of bookmarking yourself widely, consider hiring a traffic assistant. Make sure this person knows how to do the job as this can be costly.
See you on the next square!
Back to Home