Getting Media Attention
GETTING MEDIA ATTENTION
Now that you have a great web site and good quality products to sell, you want to get more attention and more people to know about you and your products. We have gone over many ways to get traffic such as payperclick, article marketing, doing joint ventures, video marketing, etc. A very important fact that internet marketers tend to overlook too often is that there is life outside the Web!
You and your website can get great attention by targeting people outside the internet and drawing them back to your site. I know of some very successful internet marketers who placed ads in newspapers with only the URL to their web site as a reference and got great traffic from that strategy.
Giving conferences is a great way to pose as the expert in your field and you can easily sell your products in the back of the room thus making a very good income even if you were giving your conference for FREE.
Here are some useful tricks I have learned in setting up your conference and keeping your costs to a minimum:
1) Most community newspapers have dead space they need to fill with free community services. You can easily announce your conference there for free. If this is not a possibility, you can offer to write an article (or use one that you already have) and post a link at the end to either your website or announce your free conference.
2) Most cities have either community centers or conference rooms (in public buildings or hospitals) that can be used by the general public for free.
3) Make sure you bring plenty of business cards or flyers to pass along to the attendees. You want the satisfied attendees to go back to your web site.
4) Offer great products at discount prices in the back of the room and make sure people understand that this offer is only good before they leave the room. This tactic alone often has people stampeding to the back of the room during internet marketing seminars!
Another great way to get your name and your web site’s name out there is to write a book. You will see more and more website addresses in books as writers have understood the power of marketing with their book as the gateway of upselling to their readers.
Another great way to get attention is to write a press release. By writing an attention grabbing press release, you run the chance of having newspapers, radio and television talk about you and your web site. I know that whenever I give a television or radio interview, the traffic on my web site peaks and my sales go up as well. When customers hear your voice or better yet get to see you on television, they develop a feeling of trust and are inclined to purchase from you.
Be sure to always mention your web site URL whether you are on television, giving an interview for radio a magazine or a newspaper.
How does one write an attention grabbing press release? How do you put fire in your writing?
Joe Vitale has been talking and teaching about hypnotic writing for a very long time. I have attended many of his presentations and seminar and used many of his products and enjoy them very well. I know that some people have a different opinion and do not approve of Joe’s use of public domain material (but then again public domain is just that). Anyway, I have found tremendous value in using his hypnotic writing courses and invite you to look at them here.
HERE IS YOUR CALL TO ACTION:
1) Consider writing or hiring someone to write a press release. Try to see your product from an interesting and different point of view.
2) Decide if you want to offer a free conference, a free newspaper or magazine article. I find it always funny when my friends call or email me saying: “Did you see they are talking about your product on this article?” I answer, laughing: ”Of course, I gave that interview!”
3) Click here to visit and see if you need the hypnotic Library now.
See you on the next square!